Tutoring Available for CalWORKs Children and Youth
The Department of Public Social Services (DPSS) is offering tutoring services for CalWORKs eligible children and youth.
Who is eligible?
- Children/youth whose parents are in Greater Avenues for Independence (GAIN)
- CalWORKs aided youth ages 16-18 who are in high school
Tutoring services will help with the following:
- Prevent children from falling behind in classes;
- Improve academic performance;
- Help gain the necessary skills to study independently;
- Help develop better communication skills;
- Prepare for college;
- Help parents focus on work-related activities or employment.
For more information, please contact your GAIN Services Worker at (877) 292- GAIN (4246) or call the DPSS Customer Service Center at (866) 613-3777.
Please click the below links for Form 6260 in additional languages: