Skip to Main Content

Refugee Employment Program (REP)

The County of Los Angeles welcomes refugees! The Refugee Employment Program (REP) can provide you with employment and training services if you are an eligible refugee, such as an asylee or Amerasian, Human Trafficking Victim, Domestic Violence and Other Serious Crime Victim, Cuban/Haitian Entrant, and Afghan/Iraqi Special Immigrant Visa Holder residing in the United States (U.S.). We can provide you with assistance for up to 5 years from your date of entry to the U.S. or from the date you were granted asylum. The term “refugee” is used to describe all eligible populations.

Closed Captioning (subtitles) in multiple languages, can be enabled by using the CC icon. Select your preferred language using the GEAR icon. 

Group of multi-ethnic individuals put their hands together and cheer.
Are You a Refugee?

Refugee Employment Program can also assist you to adjust and adapt to the American workplace, learn English, and help you to reach your career and financial goals so that you can be self-sufficient.  As a refugee, if you receive cash aid such as CalWORKs, Refugee Cash Assistance, and General Relief, you are required to participate in REP unless you are exempt. However, REP services are still available to you even if you do not receive these benefits, CalFresh and/or Medi-Cal. 

What are some of the services offered by REP?
  • Orientation and Job Club, a job readiness program
  • Vocational assessment, basic education, and vocational skills training
  • Job search
  • Work experience opportunities
  • Supportive Services, such as child care, transportation and school and work-related expenses
  • Specialized Supportive Services for mental health, substance use disorder, and domestic violence victims
  • Post-Employment Services to help those employed retain their jobs
Apply On-Line with BenefitsCal

The easiest and quickest way is to apply for CalWORKs online at BenefitsCal.

Apply By Phone
You can apply by phone. Call the Customer Service Center (CSC) (866) 613-3777 to have an application mailed to you.

Apply In Person
You can apply In person at any Department of Public Social Services (DPSS) District Office or outreach site.
Temporary Housing and Utility Assistance
Graphic that says "Temporary Housing and Utility Assistance Available Through the Refugee Employment Program (REP). Learn More About Assistance" with an image of a woman's hand holding a wooden house against the sun.

Temporary Housing and Utility Assitance is now available through the Refugee Employment Program (REP). Learn more about assistance. 

View the Informational Flyer:

Armenian       Cambodian      Chinese            English             Farsi        

Korean             Russian            Spanish           Tagalog             Vietnamese