Skip to Main Content
Group of multi-ethnic individuals put their hands together and cheer.
Are You a Refugee?

Refugee Employment Program can also assist you to adjust and adapt to the American workplace, learn English, and help you to reach your career and financial goals so that you can be self-sufficient.  As a refugee, if you receive cash aid such as CalWORKs, Refugee Cash Assistance, and General Relief, you are required to participate in REP unless you are exempt. However, REP services are still available to you even if you do not receive these benefits, CalFresh and/or Medi-Cal. 

What are some of the services offered by REP?
  • Orientation and Job Club, a job readiness program
  • Vocational assessment, basic education, and vocational skills training
  • Job search
  • Work experience opportunities
  • Supportive Services, such as child care, transportation and school and work-related expenses
  • Specialized Supportive Services for mental health, substance use disorder, and domestic violence victims
  • Post-Employment Services to help those employed retain their jobs
Apply On-Line with Your Benefits Now

The easiest and quickest way is to apply for CalWORKs online at Your Benefits Now.

Apply By Phone
You can apply by phone. Call the Customer Service Center (CSC) (866) 613-3777 to have an application mailed to you.

Apply In Person
You can apply In person at any Department of Public Social Services (DPSS) District Office or outreach site.