Closed Captioning (subtitles) in multiple languages, can be enabled by using the CC icon. Select your preferred language using the GEAR icon.
Expedited CalFresh: Receive Food Benefits Quickly
You may be eligible for Expedited CalFresh (ES) benefits within three days, or even as early as the same day after the application is received, if you meet one of three requirements!
Flyer in additional languages:
Access additional eligibility criteria
Minimum requirements to file a CalFresh application:
1. Applicant’s full name and
2. Household’s address (unless homeless, district address is acceptable), and
3. Signature of the Head of household, any adult household member, an authorized representative, or a responsible household member.
CalFresh Benefit Allotment
As of October 1, 2022, all CalFresh customers will see an INCREASE in their monthly benefit amount due to the annual Cost of Living Adjustment increase!
To learn more, view the CalFresh Program Fact Sheet!
The easiest and quickest way to apply for CalFresh is online at BenefitsCal.
You can also apply for CalFresh benefits in the following methods:
- In person through a Drop Box located at any DPSS District Offices
- In person with any CalFresh Outreach partners
- By Mail to any local DPSS District offices
- By Fax at (310) 215-8220.
Customer Service Center Hours of Operation
The Customer Service Center is available to assist you:
We are closed on weekends and County Holidays.
If you don’t have access to the internet to apply for CalFresh online, please use this to find the nearest internet hotspots to you!