Federal Government

Image of an American Bald Eagle on Flag


Welcome to eBenefits! This site is the result of a collaboration between the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and the Department of Defense (DoD). We serve Veterans, Service members, Wounded Warriors, their family members, and their authorized caregivers.  In March 2007, the President's Commission on Care for Returning Wounded Warriors (Dole/Shalala) was established by Executive Order 13426. The Commission recommended the creation of a Web portal that would provide Service Members, Veterans, their families, and authorized caregivers with a single sign-on, central access point to clinical and benefits information. eBenefits is the result of the Commission's recommendation.

US Department of Veteran Affairs

The Department of Veterans Affairs provides a wide range of services and benefits to Veterans. The benefits provided include disability compensation, pension, education, home loans, life insurance, vocational rehabilitation, survivors' benefits, medical benefits and burial benefits.


The Internal Revenue Service provides assistance to veterans and veterans with disabilities. They work with community and government partners to provide timely federal tax-related information to veterans about tax credits and benefits, free tax preparation, and asset-building opportunities available to them.

Request Veteran's Service Records National Archives

Military personnel records can be used for proving military service, or as a valuable tool in genealogical research. Most veterans and their next-of-kin can obtain free copies of their DD 214 Form (Report of Separation) and other military and medical records several ways. They also attain the following application that are required when requesting a review for correction of military records or discharge status: DD Form 149, Application for Correction of Military Records and the DD Form 293, Application for the Review of Discharge or Dismissal from the Armed Forces of the United States.

State of California

California Department of Veteran Affairs

The departments within CalVet handle the housing of over 1000 elderly and disabled veterans, offer low interest rate home loans, and help to connect thousands of veterans to their compensation and pension benefits.

Employment Development Department (EDD)

Services can include counseling, labor market information, job referrals, job search workshops, and job development with potential employers. All veterans are eligible for the Veterans Intensive Program. Special assistance is available for veterans with service connected disabilities. This link leads to a page that includes links to many other services for anyone who has served in the military.

California Association of County Veterans Service Officer, Inc. (CACVSO)

The CACVSO is an organization of professional veterans' advocates. It is a nonprofit educational and professional organization through which California's Veterans Service Officers play a critical role in the veteran's advocacy system. The CACVSO provides: Advocacy on veterans' issues, information, training and assistance to organizations furnishing claims assistance to veterans.

Volunteers of America

Transitional housing is provided for homeless veterans and their families. Comprehensive support services include outreach and assessment, emergency services and case management. Volunteers of America also offers Transitional Treatment Programs, providing residential therapeutic treatment for veterans recovering from substance addiction; and special need services for the frail elderly and veterans with mental illness.

County of Los Angeles

Department of Military & Veteran Affairs

Provides counseling and assistance to, and acts as an advocate for Veterans, their dependents and survivors regarding entitlement to benefits under Federal, State and Local laws and regulations.

Los Angeles Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk

Veterans and U.S. military service members can also order their Military Discharge (DD214) through the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk office by faxing their application for DD214, Military Discharge to (562) 864-1250 or mailing their request to: Los Angeles Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk, 12400 Imperial Highway, Room 2207, Norwalk, CA 90650. The request must be accompanied by a notarized certificate of identity sworn under the penalty of perjury that the requestor is an authorized person as noted above and a photocopy of the requestor's photo identification.

Volunteers of America - Greater Los Angeles

Services include case management, transitional housing, education and job training, workforce readiness, supportive services and job placement referrals. They also provide employment-focused re-entry program designed to assist veterans coming out of incarceration.

Other Resources


211 LA County is a private, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, formerly known as INFO LINE of Los Angeles. It is the largest information and referral (I&R) service in the nation, helping approximately 500,000 individuals and families in Los Angeles County each year, and is recognized nationally, throughout the state, and in Canada for its leadership in the field. Since 1981, 211 LA County has provided free, confidential services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in English, Spanish and more than 140 other languages via a tele-interpreting service. Services are also provided for individuals with hearing impairments.

American Legion

The American Legion is the nation's largest veterans' service organization. The services provided include help with VA claims, assistance in finding employment, support for current members of the military, and financial advice.


AMVETS is a veteran's service organization that provides services for veterans who received an honorable discharge. Their services include: free VA claims assistance to veterans, their dependents and survivors, free legal clinic assistance through Chapman University, veterans homes assistance; military funeral and honor guard services, and homeless services.

Healthy City 

Healthy City provides the public with actionable information such as data, maps, and service referrals, including for veterans' services, through technical assistance, as well as an easy-to-use online platform.

The Mobile Closet

Provides free new hygiene items and gently used clothing items to individuals, children and families in need.

Network of Care for Service Members, Veterans & Their Families

The Network of Care for Service Members, Veterans & Their Families is part of a growing awareness and effort to take a community approach to the needs of returning veterans, to ensure that they are a valuable part of a healthy community and that the community is a meaningful part of the health of the veteran. The Network of Care for Service Members, Veterans & Their Families is a one-stop-shop for virtually all services, information, support, advocacy, and much more.

Wounded Warrior Project (WWP)

WWP provides veterans with the tools they need to become financially secure. The WWP Benefits Service team ensures veterans and their families have information and access to government benefits, as well as a full range of programs and the community resources necessary for successful transition to life after injury.

St. Joseph Center 

The Veterans Representative Payee Program (VRPP) serves homeless veterans, many with mental health and/or substance abuse issues. Support services provided include socialization and life skills training with a goal of moving veterans toward increased stability and self-sufficiency so that they will eventually be able to manage their own finances.

U.S. VETS - Long Beach

U.S.VETS provides comprehensive services to the veterans, including case management, employment assistance, job placement, counseling, as well as drug and alcohol free housing.

YMCA of the USA

In partnership with the Armed Services YMCA and the Department of Defense, the YMCA offers memberships and respite child care services to eligible military families and personnel to give them extra support during this difficult period.

Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW)

VFW advocates on behalf of all veterans to ensure that veterans receive their earned entitlements and through the National Veterans Service provide guidance with issues related to medical, VA claims and educational benefits.  For more information contact the local serves officer: J. Nichols Guest, VFW Department Service Officer, Federal Building, Room 5204, 11000 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles 90024, Phone: 310 235-7129, Fax: 310 575-9722, Email: joseph.guest@va.gov.

National Resource Directory (NRD)

NRD is a website for connecting wounded warriors, service members, veterans, and their families to services and resources at the national, state and local levels to support recovery, rehabilitation and community reintegration. Visitors can find information on a variety of topics including benefits & compensation, education & training, employment, family & caregiver support, health, homeless assistance, housing, transportation & travel, volunteer opportunities and other services & resources.


Benefits.gov offers information on more than 1,000 Federal and state benefit programs for everyone, including veterans. By completing their free and confidential questionnaire, their prescreening tool will generate a tailored list of programs for veterans.


The Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network (RAINN) operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1.800.656.HOPE and publicizes the hotlines' free, confidential services. Among them is the Department of Defense (DoD), a groundbreaking crisis support service for members of the DoD community affected by sexual assault. Safe Helpline provides live, one-on-one advice, support, and information to the worldwide DoD community. The service is anonymous, secure, and available 24/7 - providing victims with the help they need, anytime, anywhere.

Military Travel Benefits

Military Travel Benefits connects service members, military families and veterans to all the benefits of service - government benefits, scholarships, discounts, lifelong friends, mentors, great stories of military life or missions, and much more.

Services Locator

Services Locator Image

Find the LA County services and facilities that serve your area...

Hotline Numbers

Board of Supervisors Veterans & Military Liaisons

Display menu

Board of Supervisors Veterans & Military Liaisons

Hilda L. Solis, 1st District
856 Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration
500 West Temple St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Ph: (213) 974-4111 Fax: (213) 613-1739
E-mail: FirstDistrict@bos.lacounty.gov

Mark Ridley-Thomas, 2nd District
Constituent Services Team
866 Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration
500 W. Temple Los Angeles, CA 90012
Ph: (213) 974-2222 Fax: (213) 680-3283
E-mail: Ridley-Thomas@bos.lacounty.gov

Shelia Kuehl, 3rd District
821 Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration
500 West Temple St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Ph: (213) 974-3333 Fax: (213) 625-7360
E-mail: Sheila@bos.lacounty.gov

Janice Hahn, 4th District
822 Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration
500 West Temple St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Ph: (213) 974-4444 Fax: (213) 626-6941
E-mail: FourthDistrict@bos.lacounty.gov

Kathryn Barger, 5th District
869 Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration
500 West Temple St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Ph: (213) 974-5555 Fax: (213) 974-1010
E-mail: Kathryn@bos.lacounty.gov