Donating to Toy Loan
Toy Loan is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that relies heavily on the generosity of private corporations, individuals and special interest groups. Please take a minute to look over the types of donations we accept.
Acceptable donated items:
- New or gently used children’s toys, games and books.
- New or gently used stuffed animals and dolls.
- Educational toys and games.
- Video games and consoles.
- We are in need of toys for children with special needs and disabilities.
- Corporate donations of overstock/seconds.
- Monetary donations in any amount.
Unacceptable donated items:
- Broken, damaged or incomplete children’s toys or games.
- Electronics – home, personal, machinery.
- Toy guns, whether realistic or fantasy. Any type of “violent” toys or games.
- Any type of food items, boxed, canned or other.
- New or used clothing – adults or children.
- Furniture & mattresses.
All donations to the Toy Loan Program are tax deductible (please consult your tax specialist). Upon donating to the Toy Loan Program, you will be provided with a receipt complete with our tax ID number for your tax reporting purposes. Due to regulations, we are unable to affix a monetary value to donated items. We will gladly pick-up the donated items from your home, office or other location. Please contact us to schedule a free pick-up at your earliest convenience (213) 744-4344.
On behalf of the The Los Angeles County Department of Public Social Services - Toy Loan Program, Thank You!
Find the LA County services and facilities that serve your area...