WELCOME TO LINKAGES
Linkages is the interdepartmental partnership between the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) and Department of Public Social Services (DPSS) which addresses common barriers that limit parents’ ability to parent and their ability to work. The program is designed to enhance the service experience of families who are involved in both child welfare and public assistance.
Parents who are simultaneously involved in both DCFS and DPSS may be eligible to CalWORKs/ Welfare-to-Work (WtW) services which addresses both department’s goals:
- Promote their ability to work.
- Work toward improving family functioning and reducing child maltreatment.
Linkages Program Goals
To ensure that families who are not currently connected to the resources of DPSS, but could be, are provided an expedient method to access DPSS programs.
To ensure families who are dually involved in both CalWORKs and Child Welfare Services/DCFS can maximize resources, and coordinate case planning to provide a safe and stable home for their children while working toward economic self-sufficiency.
The five protocols developed to support Linkages service collaboration between DCFS and DPSS on behalf of children and families are:
- DCFS 5122 Screening Tool: utilized by DCFS Staff, screen families for potential eligibility to DPSS aid programs.
- Collocated Linkages GAIN Services Worker (LGSW): DPSS staff collocated at each DCFS office. Provide on-going case consultation and attend priority Child and Family Team (CFT) Meetings.
- Family Preservation Program: Service coordination for families in Family Preservation and CalWORKs.
- Family Reunification Program: Service coordination for former CalWORKs families with a Family Reunification Plan in place.
- Homeless and Sanction Protocols: service coordination to assist with homeless services and resolve sanctions.
We can help!
If you are participating in the Department of Children and Family Services, let your Eligibility or GAIN Worker know. You may be eligible for service coordination.
Find the LA County services and facilities that serve your area...