Provider Eligibility and Orientation
Effective November 1, 2009, State Legislation established new laws that require all current and potential IHSS providers to attend an on-site, in-person provider orientation session and to pass a criminal background investigation (CBI). Providers will be notified by telephone or in writing of the scheduled orientation appointment.
As of November 3, 2014, provider orientation will also include program changes such as compensation for overtime, travel time, wait time, and attending mandatory training (post-employment), workweek hourly limits, non-travel timesheets, travel timesheets, and the violation process.
Find the LA County services and facilities that serve your area...
Important Phone Numbers
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- IHSS Application, Toll Free:
1-888-944-IHSS (4477) or
- L.A. County Toll Free Info. Line: 211
- Adult Protective Services (APS):
- IHSS Helpline:
- Provider Registry: Personal Assistance Service Council (PASC):
- PASC CBI Clearance Inquiry:
- SEIU Local 2015:
- IHSS Provider Self Service Line: