Provider Eligibility and Orientation Information
Provider Eligibility and Orientation
What enrollment requirements must IHSS providers complete?
All individuals who want to become an eligible IHSS provider are required to complete ALL of the following:
- Attend an on-site, in-person provider orientation to obtain information about IHSS rules and requirements for being a provider. To attend an orientation session please click on the link below to see schedule:
- Provider Orientation Sessions are available at several locations throughout Los Angeles County. Prospective providers can call the IHSS Helpline at (888) 822-9622 to be scheduled for the next available orientation session.
- Complete and sign the SOC 426 - IHSS Provider Enrollment Form. The form must be submitted to the county in person.
- Submit original documentation verifying the prospective provider's identity (e.g. current/unexpired government issued photo identification and social security card) must be provided to the county for photocopying.
- Complete and sign the SOC 846 - Provider Enrollment Agreement at the Provider Orientation Session. The SOC 846 states that the prospective provider understands and agrees to the rules of the IHSS program and the responsibilities of being an IHSS provider; and
- Submit your fingerprints in an Approved Los Angeles County Live Scan Location and undergo a Criminal Background Investigation (CBI) from the Department of Justice. The provider is responsible for paying for this service.
Note: Prospective providers cannot be enrolled and receive payment as IHSS providers until ALL of the above requirements have been completed, including undergoing a CBI.
Find the LA County services and facilities that serve your area...
Important Phone Numbers
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- IHSS Application, Toll Free:
1-888-944-IHSS (4477) or
- L.A. County Toll Free Info. Line: 211
- Adult Protective Services (APS):
- IHSS Helpline:
- Provider Registry: Personal Assistance Service Council (PASC):
- PASC CBI Clearance Inquiry:
- SEIU Local 2015:
- IHSS Provider Self Service Line: