In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS)
The In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) Program helps pay for services provided to low-income elderly, blind or disabled individuals, including children, so that they can remain safely in their own home. IHSS is considered an alternative to out-of-home care, such as nursing homes or board and care facilities.
Some of the services that can be authorized through IHSS include: housecleaning, meal preparation, laundry, grocery shopping, personal care services (such as bowel and bladder care, bathing, grooming and paramedical services), accompaniment to medical appointments, and protective supervision for the mentally impaired.
Find the LA County services and facilities that serve your area...
Important Phone Numbers
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- IHSS Application, Toll Free:
1-888-944-IHSS (4477) or
- L.A. County Toll Free Info. Line: 211
- Adult Protective Services (APS):
- IHSS Ombudsman:
- Provider Registry: Personal Assistance Service Council (PASC):
- PASC CBI Clearance Inquiry:
- SEIU Local 2015:
- IHSS Provider Self Service Line: