The once-in-a-lifetime rule for the Homeless Assistance Program was eliminated as a result of a change in State law. Effective January 1, 2017, the Homeless Assistance Program is available every 12 months. A family may also be able to get this assistance more than once in 12 months, if they meet an exception. Please see the Homeless Assistance Program (Temporary, Permanent, and Permanent Arrearages) Fact Sheet below for more information.
Homeless Programs and Services for CalWORKs Families
The DPSS Housing Program offers a number of benefits and services designed to assist CalWORKs families who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness to move out of the current housing crisis into affordable permanent housing.
The benefits and services provided under the DPSS Housing Program are listed below:
- Homeless Assistance Program (Temporary, Permanent, and Permanent Arrearages) Fact Sheet
- Moving Assistance (MA) Program
- Emergency Assistance to Prevent Eviction (EAPE) Program
- 4-Month Rental Assistance (RA) Program
- Homeless Case Management Program
- Skid Row Assessment Team (SRAT) Fact Sheet
- District Access Team
- Temporary Homeless Assistance Program (THAP)+14 Fact Sheet
These homeless benefit and services are administrated together by Eligibility Workers and Homeless Case Managers in CalWORKs district offices and Homeless Supportive GAIN Services Workers in GAIN regions.
To learn more about any of these benefits and services or to apply, visit the CalWORKs office nearest you.
Find the LA County services and facilities that serve your area...