Tuberculosis (TB) Program

Display menu

Tuberculosis (TB) Program


What services are offered?

Provides benefits for TB related services only.


Who can be covered?

Adults and children who are infected with TB and are not eligible to Medi-Cal under federally mandated programs.


Is there an income limit?

The TB Income Standard is $1,505.  Since the regulations regarding allocations, deductions and deeming are very complex, the determination should be made by a specialized DPSS eligibility worker.


Is there a property limit?

Yes. The limit is $2,000 for an adult.  This limit does not increase if the applicant and/or spouse have children in the home. When determining property eligibility for a child and there are two parents in the home, the parents are allowed a property limit of $3,000.


Can an individual receive services if he/she has other health insurance?



How much does it cost?



Is citizenship or satisfactory immigration status required?



How to file an application?

Save time and Apply Online!  Applications may be made by accessing the Your Benefits Now website at .  Your Benefits Now! is a website for Los Angeles County residents to apply for and to view their benefits online. Click any of the navigation links in the center panel on the YBN page to get started.


  • PLEASE NOTE:  Long Term Care Medi-Cal Applicants must select “Yes” to the question “Does anyone live in any of the following:  Hospital, Long-Term Care, or Board and Care Facility.”  Applicant must identify the Person’s Name who resides in the facility, Name and Location of Institution, and Expected Date of Release.


Apply By Mail.  Click on a language to download an application.  Applications can be mailed to the Medi-Cal Long Term Care District 80 Office, 17171 East Gale Avenue, City of Industry CA 91745.

English    Spanish   Arabic    Armenian    Cambodian    Chinese

Farsi    Hmong    Korean    Russian    Tagalog    Vietnamese    


For In-Person applications, for convenience you may apply at any local Department of Public Social Services Medi-Cal office.  View the map for a Medi-Cal Office near you.  Long Term Care Medi-Cal Applications can be forwarded to District 80 for processing.