Welcome to Civil Rights Section (CRS)! The CRS was established to ensure that the administration of public assistance and social services by Los Angeles Department of Public Social Services (LADPSS) are nondiscriminatory, as mandated by State and Federal Civil Rights laws. CRS has the following units:
- The Civil Rights Unit investigates allegations of civil rights discrimination filed by LADPSS applicants or participants against LADPSS employees. It also monitors LADPSS public contact offices, including LADPSS contractors, for compliance with the California Department of Social Services (CDSS) - Division 21 Regulations.
- The Translation Services Unit assists the Department in translating forms, notices, and other documents in all LADPSS threshold languages, and ensures accuracy in a linguistically sensitive and timely manner. In addition, the unit assists the Department with calls from applicants and participants through Customer Service.
Civil Rights Complaint Hotline: (562) 908-8501
Find the LA County services and facilities that serve your area...
Important Phone Numbers
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- DPSS Customer Service Center Eligibility-Program Questions:
- L.A. County Toll Free Info. Line: 2-1-1
- California Relay Services: (TTY/TDD): 7-1-1 or
- Civil Rights Discrimination Complaint Hotline: