Annual Reporting - Child Only
What is Annual Reporting?
Effective 10/01/2012, some Child Only cases are subject to Annual Reporting rules and only have to report once per year by complying with the yearly CalWORKs Redetermination/CalFresh Recertification. Refer to the Mandatory Mid-Period Responsibilities section below for the required reporting requirements. Annual Reporting/Child Only (AR/CO) cases:
- Do not have an AIDED ADULT in the Assistance Unit (AU);
- Only have children aided on the case;
- Have a 12-month payment period rather than six months as under Semi-Annual Reporting (SAR); and
- Do not need to complete a SAR 7 for the CalWORKs AR/CO segment, but may have to submit a SAR 7 for CalFresh.
AR/CO cases are CalWORKs cases in which ALL the adults/caretakers are not being aided on the CalWORKs case because the adult(s) is/are:
- Timed out;
- Fleeing felons in violation of probation or parole;
- Social Security Income (SSI) recipient/s;
- Non-needy relatives;
- Ineligible to CalWORKs due to immigration status (an undocumented non-citizen, sponsored noncitizen who refuses to cooperate, etc.);
- Sanctioned due to refusal to assign child/spousal support rights;
- Intentional Program Violators (IPV) prior to July 1998; or
- Excluded from the AU for not meeting the Social Security Number (SSN) requirements.
Mandatory Mid-Period Responsibilities
AR/CO cases report annually by complying with the yearly CalWORKs Redetermination; however, they must report the following changes within 10 days from the date the change occurred:
- Income exceeds the Income Reporting Threshold (IRT). For more information on IRT, please see the Semi-Annual Reporting (SAR) page;
- Address Changes;
- Fleeing Felon Status;
- Probation or Parole Violations; and
- Changes in Household Composition. *
* A household composition change is when a member of the AU moves into or out of the home. This does not apply when an existing family member changes eligibility status such as a family member becomes a legal resident, U.S. citizen, etc.
Find the LA County services and facilities that serve your area...
- Coming Soon!