The Commission is a 15-member body of public-spirited, private citizens who are knowledgeable and interested in the area of public welfare.
Each member of the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors appoints three Commissioners who serve for a two-year term.
The Commission meets monthly to discuss, examine and evaluate public welfare issues and the programs and operations of the Department. All meetings are open to the public. Meeting dates and locations are posted on the Commission Calendar and the Department of Public Social Services Community Calendar.
- Consulting with and advising the Director of Public Social Services and the County Board of Supervisors on all matters relating to the provision of Public Social Services.
- Conducting studies, public hearings and reviewing proposed federal, State, and local legislation and regulations.
- Making recommendations to promote effective, efficient and cost-effective delivery of departmental services.
- 1st Supervisorial District
Adele Andrade-Stadler (Vice-Chair)
- 2nd Supervisorial District
Booker Pearson (Chair)
- 3rd Supervisorial District
Mary Galvan Rosas
Lori C. Stein
Yvonne Chan, Ed.D.
- 4th Supervisorial District
Sue ElHessen, Ed.D.
- 5th Supervisorial District
Frank G. De Balogh, Ph.D.
- Executive Director
La France Toliver
- Commission Secretary